Monday 13 August 2012

Cut Capers Commission - progress

In the last post I showed you some roughs for a CD cover commission I'm doing for Bristol band, Cut Capers!
Things have progressed nicely since then, and I thought I'd share a couple things with you.

Below is the pencilled outline and then the illustration shaded with pencil tones.


The next step is to take this pencil shaded illustration into photoshop and enhance the rendering,  add highlights, the rain and early morning mists. Then finally I'll add in the all important text!

Remember, if you want to check out Cut Caper's music and info, you can do so here: 

3 comments:

  1. This CD cover is really so wonderful and I know good painter is definitely painting this cover because these types of shades are very difficult art. Actually second covers printing is too better than up one so this second painting is definitely acceptable for music CD cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for your kind words! The images here are actually done with HB, 2B and 4B pencils, not paint :)

      Delete
  2. Good post and I like it. It’s interesting to know about thin CD covers. DVD Replication introduced many types in CD covers and manufacturing too.

    ReplyDelete