Saturday 22 November 2014

Totoro Earrings - Handmade Jewellery!


When I needle felted this trio of forest guardians you might have guessed I was a Totoro nut, well I've taken it one step further and done something I've been meaning to do for almost half a year!
I've made Totoro Earrings! :D

(Click here to see needle felted Totoro)

Some of you may have spotted me wearing this set of earrings at Thought Bubble last weekend, and I promised I'd be posting up a blog with photo examples and pricing for anyone who is interested.
Well this is what you've been waiting for!


Each stud is made out of coloured Fimo with the details painted on using acrylics and then varnished with a satin finish. The earring posts are silver Surgical Steel and the backs are soft clear plastic stoppers (as pictured further below).
Please make sure you are able to wear Surgical Steel before ordering, as of yet I do NOT have any Silver or Gold earring posts for those with sensitive ears. Sorry!

Totoro measures approx - 13mm tall x 10mm wide (at the tallest/widest points)
Chu Totoro measures approx - 10mm tall x 6mm wide
Chibi Totoro measures approx - 7mm tall x 5mm wide





I will be making these available as a set of three (6 earrings in total, 2 of each) or as individual pairs, so you can wear each as modelled above by me.



£6 Totoro pair
(not including postage)



£4 Chu Totoro pair
(not including postage)



£2 Chibi Toroto pair
(not including postage)


£10 Set of three 
2 of each pictured above, 6 earrings total.
(not including postage)


This is still in the very early stages at the moment so I shall only be taking on limited commissions and will be making them to order. 
So if you plan to give these as a christmas gift to someone, please get your orders in early!


If you are interested then just drop me an email: sara-dunkerton@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment